This website collects some personal data from its users.
Owner and Data Controller
Associação G.R.A.C.E. (hereafter referred to as “Tamera” or “Owner”)
Tamera Peace Research & Education Center
Monte Cerro, 7630-392 Relíquias, Portugal
NIPC/Tax Number: 509 528 694
Data Protection Officer email: email@example.com
Types of Data Collected
The Owner collects personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Among the types of personal data that this Site collects, by itself or through third parties, are included: cookies, usage data and personal data.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, first name, last name, email address, city, country and main language. Users that come to visit Tamera and use the provided services and activities, may be asked for additional personal identification information, such as their job title, date of birth, gender, profession, phone number, payment methods, website, previous events attended. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, but this may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities and Tamera’s on-site services and activities.
Personal data may be freely provided by the User, or, in the case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Site. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
Users are responsible for any third-party personal data obtained, published or shared through this Site and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and Place of Processing the Data
Methods of Processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Site (administration, finance, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal Basis of Processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
The Purposes of Processing
The data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes:
- User database management
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site, Products and Services: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- Contacting the User and displaying content from external platforms
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they specifically agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. This may include specific information and responses sorted by the data we collected (e.g. country, city, language);
- To send electronic newsletters: the User will receive emails with general information and news about Tamera and the affiliated global partners/network. The User may also receive specific emails with information and news according to the different sections of the menu (e.g. News, About us, Research, Education, Outreach, Events/Visit) that he/she previously signed up for.
- Handling payments
- The Owner uses third-party tools for its payment processing and is not connected with any of the provided payment information – such as credit card details – in any way.
- Creating a Global Network and Tracking the History of the Project
- For these aims, we are keeping data from our friends, guests and participants since 1995 and we intend to keep and process all the data from Users that have given us their consent to do so, as long as such consent is not withdrawn.
Despite the fact that the Owner doesn’t use or store personally identifying Cookies that include personal data, the Site uses Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. The Owner doesn’t provide advertising on the Site, however Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads in its own advertising network.
Sharing of Personal Data with Third Parties
The Owner doesn’t share, sell, trade or rent Users personal identification information to others – exception is made only for partner entities which are directly part of Tamera and only when this data is mandatory for providing services (for example, for invoicing or insurance purposes).
Nevertheless, we may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
We may, as well, share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our partners and trusted affiliates for the purposes outlined above.
The Rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
- Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their data. Users have the right to learn if their data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, the Owner will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from the Owner or to ask to became anonymous.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details About the Right to Object to Processing
Where personal data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their personal data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification.
How to Exercise These Rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional Information about Data Collection and Processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Site or the related services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional Information about Users’ Personal Data
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Site and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Site (system logs) which may include personal data (such as the IP address) for this purpose.
Information Not Contained in this Policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of personal data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” Requests are Handled
This Site does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and Legal References
Latest update: June 11, 2018