May 20 – 29, 2023
Introduction to Tamera
Special Emphasis on Raising Free Children
This 10-day seminar will offer you an insight into the foundational ideas and the different areas of our work – from ecology to spirituality, from children in community to education for and in the future, from global peace work to love and sexuality. You’ll be introduced to the vision within the Healing Biotopes Plan which is the basis of our work in holding inner and outer peace a cultural good. We invite you into our work on making it a lived reality with a particular emphasis on the aspect of raising free children.
This seminar will be guided by a team of community members including some of those who facilitate Tamera’s Parents’ School. You are welcome to join this course with your children. Our team will offer a daily accompaniment for kids from the age of 6.
For many participants our Introduction to Tamera is a first, and sometimes life-changing, community experience. You’ll get to know some of what we believe is essential to building a culture of trust and cooperation; insights that have emerged through our decades of research.
In this seminar we will approach the work of Tamera from the angle of raising free children. By free children we mean children who can trust adults because the adults are present for them; because adults give them the orientation they need to find their way. Meaningful boundaries and rules create the protective space in which life can unfold freely.
We want to explore with you core questions of our parents’ school: What is the connection between orientation and freedom? “It takes a village to raise a child,” – what does that mean for us today? What other pictures are there of raising children beyond the classical nuclear family? How can we remain lovers as parents?
- what a “Healing Biotope” and the “Healing Biotopes Plan” is
- the history and evolution of the Tamera community
- our research findings in community, sexuality, love and partnership; in spirituality, art and healing; in cooperation with all beings and raising children, as well as in ecosystem restoration, regenerative autonomy and economy
- our outreach work – media and publishing; in global peace work and in building a planetary community.
The program will be composed of:
- presentations and Q&A sessions with different community members
- guided tours and visits to particular departments, e.g. our Children’s Place, Solar Test Field and Water Retention Landscape
- spaces for deeper conversation and community building among participants
- kids accompaniment from the age of 6
- community spaces including children of all ages
- early morning offers
- creative and spiritual exercises
- participating in Tamera’s community events , e.g. our Sunday matinee, the Ring of Power and Political Cafes.
May 20 – 29, 2023
May 20 – 29, 2023
If you want to join this course, please write an email to
Please include your name, age, where you’re from and some sentences about your motivation to join this course. If you bring children, please include their names & ages as well.
Sliding Scale from
€890 to €1450
(including seminar fee, board & accommodation)
Age 0-5: for free
Age 6-16: additional €15/night
Why are we using a sliding scale?
Please consider applying for or donating to our solidarity fund if you can’t pay the lower end of the sliding scale or want to support others.
Our invitation to Portuguese nationals.
Once you have filled out the registration form, we will send you an email with instructions on how to pay.
Please pay the full amount in advance.
If you are not able to pay the full amount in advance, please note that in order to confirm your registration, at a minimum, you must pay a non-refundable registration fee of €210.
Dormitories, own tent, or own van.
A room in the Guest House can be booked at an additional cost.
Vegan full board
Arrival and Departure
Please arrive the day before the course begins and depart the day after the course finishes.
Please note that it’s not possible to bring pets to this course.