The Sentient Body
Rediscover your sentient body, the connection between your inner compass and the living system of the Earth in Tamera’s healing field.
“Fill up with Creation… feel your way through the world. See, smell and taste the way animals do, in natural presence… Let go of the old again and again, opening up to something new… The result is a person who, with amusing calm, has integrated the many aspects of beingness as a creator. A deep reconciliation occurs with oneself and with the world, and this reconciliation can bring forth true change.”
– Sabine Lichtenfels, Sources of Love and Peace
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the challenges of our times? In our fast-paced, digital age, distressed by human and ecological crises, it’s easy to lose touch with our bodies, the Earth, and a healthy sense of orientation. We’re in an era of widespread individual and collective dissociation.
This week is an opportunity to slow down, center yourself and reawaken your innate capacity for perception and connection with what is going on inside and around you. Guided by experienced facilitators, you’ll journey into nourishing somatic work and deepened Earth connection in a community context.
- practice staying present and together as we recognise the impacts of modernity on our internal and external worlds
- listen to the healing impulses of our bodies and nature and explore how far we can connect with and trust ourselves, other people and the more than human realm
- overcome the isolation inherent in mainstream individualism in authentic, embodied and creative ways
- embrace complexity and challenging our binary thinking
- experiencing all forms of life, including humanity, as part of the living organism of the Earth – as it is, sentient and sacred.
Who is the course for?
- People who are ready to feel their connection with and love for life on Earth.
- People with or without their own embodiment and creative practices.
- People who are available for healing and growth through their bodies and in connection with nature, creativity and other humans.
- Those who are ready for a break from the demands of their normality and are comfortable in, or ready to be challenged by unplanned, non-linear logic and the surprising insights that brings.
What you’ll learn
- Practices to help you develop a finer perception of what is present within you, to listen to the body’s subtle signals, allowing you to tap into your inner resources for healing and growth.
- Techniques to settle your nervous system, reduce stress, and enhance your overall well-being.
- Ways to connect with nature so you can feel yourself as part of it; as belonging.
- Playful, creative and embodied ways to express yourself and to connect with other people in profound compassion.
- How to develop resilience and capacity for navigating life’s challenges.
- Ways in which your presence can have a positive impact on your surroundings.
This is an emerging Healing Biotope where we work to reconnect and restore the wholeness of life. Courses are focused on topics, but all of our research exists in an interconnected web, so your learning will likely expand on other areas.
As a learner, you can join our morning offers, which can include things like Yoga and Qi Gong. You’ll also be able to join in whole community events, like our Sunday matinee, the Ring of Power and Political Cafes.
- Somatic work: Exploring the wisdom of one’s own body through practices that include Qi Gong and dance and group harmonizing
- Connecting with the land: Activity and stillness in the natural world to listen for your relation and role within it.
- Sharing your experiences, insights and challenges with others in an open-hearted and nurturing environment.
- Artistic exploration in which we invite serendipity and the unconscious to play with your usual perception of reality.
- Engagement with creative modalities, like dance, theater, clowning, drawing, painting, working with clay, body-painting and voice work.
We invite you to:
- Embrace a ‘Digital Detox’: We encourage you to disconnect as much as possible, minimizing phone and online communication during this week, to deepen your experience.
- Focus on Non-Sexual Body Work: While acknowledging the natural flow of erotic energy as a vital part of life, please note that our exploration within this course is non-sexual and our work will focus on other aspects of body awareness and presence.
We believe these approaches will enhance your ability to stay present and engaged with the course material, making the most of your experience with us.
Research area: Spirituality, art and healing
Type of learning: Learn skills
Location: In Tamera
Participation in an Introduction week.
Sliding scale from €690 to €1140 (including seminar fee, board & accommodation).
You find the cost too high? Explore our Solidarity Fund.
Willing to support others? Consider contributing to the Solidarity Fund.
Once you have filled out the registration form, we will send you an email with instructions on how to pay.
Please note that in order to confirm your registration, you must pay a non-refundable registration fee of €150.
Shared dormitories/group tents, Guest House, own tent, or own van.
Vegan full board.
Arrival and Departure
Please arrive the day before the program begins and depart the day after the program finishes.
We regret that children cannot be accommodated in this course.
We regret that pets cannot be accommodated in this course.