Cooperation with animals
Learn how we can restore a sense of community with all that lives and enter into right relations, especially with our more-than-human relatives.
We see respectful, nonviolent cooperation with animals, even the smallest and even those usually condemned as “pests,” as an essential key to building a genuine peace culture. Led by two of our community’s elders with extensive experience in these fields, you’ll get an intimate insight into our many years of research of interspecies communication, as part of building a Healing Biotope.
We’ll share our experiences and practical examples and work with exercises. We’ve been many times surprised and moved by the depth of animals’s willingness to cooperate with us, once they can feel that our attitude of trust and nonviolence is authentic. Despite everything that people have done to them.
This course is an intellectual and experiential space, where we’ll rediscover our belonging to the great family of life and perceive how deeply we’re related with animals on a soul level and that we humans will suffer as long as animals suffer.
We know that we’re often limited in our ability to cooperate in the human realms, which affects our ability to communicate with the more-than-human world. So you’ll also learn about building lasting communication and trust between people, and how this leads the way to communicating with animals, mainly through experiencing Forum.
Who is the course for?
- Anyone interested in communicating with animals
- People who love and work with animals
- Animal rights activists
- People interested in documenting our work with animals in Tamera
What you’ll learn
- Our experiences in communicating with animals, both domesticated and wild – making visible the far-reaching possibilities of cooperation
- Our overall vision and philosophy of “Healing Biotopes” and how cooperation with animals is part of our work towards a regenerative peace culture.
- The sacred matrix and its logic of interdependence that prompts synergy and cooperation between all beings as spiritual teachers
- Our basic principles and practices of community and trust-building.
- The correlations between our erotic and ecological relations: How consciousness work in our own sexual issues enables us to encounter wildlife without fear
- Reviewing our complicity in animal suffering and how it’s linked with the climate emergency
This is an emerging Healing Biotope where we work to reconnect and restore the wholeness of life. Courses are focused on topics, but all of our research exists in an interconnected web, so your learning will likely expand on other areas.
As a learner, you can join our morning offers, which can include things like Yoga and Qi Gong. You’ll also be able to join in whole community events, like our Sunday matinee, the Ring of Power and Political Cafes.
- Morning seminars and Q&As
- Guided tours and visits to our dog shelter, chicken flock and rat temple
- Walks with our horses and dogs
- Wild boar exploration walks, reading tracks, studying their impacts on soil and vegetation
- Spaces for deeper conversation, intimate sharing and community building among the participants, including Forum
- Creative and spiritual exercises, e.g. for telepathy
- Practical community service and hands-on maintenance for animal care facilities
- Spiritual morning attunements at our Political Ashram
Research area: Cooperation with all beings
Type of learning: Learn skills
Location: In Tamera
Sliding scale from €970 to €1540 (including seminar fee, board & accommodation).
You find the cost too high? Explore our Solidarity Fund.
Willing to support others? Consider contributing to the Solidarity Fund.
Once you have filled out the registration form, we will send you an email with instructions on how to pay.
Please note that in order to confirm your registration, you must pay a non-refundable registration fee of €150.
Shared dormitories/group tents, Guest House, own tent, or own van.
Vegan full board.
Arrival and Departure
Please arrive the day before the program begins and depart the day after the program finishes.
We regret that children cannot be accommodated in this course.
We regret that pets cannot be accommodated in this course.
After course support
- One online meeting afterwards
“How can I even begin to express my gratitude for my first course in Tamera? Heike, Barbara, and the Terra Deva team are incredibly passionate and love sharing the joy and wonders that animals can teach us. They also deeply cared for our group, guiding us towards a deeper understanding of what trust truly means. This trust was especially evident with the wild boars – like seeing a mother feeding her piglets right in the middle of a path, just a few feet away from me!
I cherish numerous fond memories from those ten days, such as the walk around Tamera with Franz and Waldemar, the two pigs. I remember my panic when they each went their own way, and Heike simply said: ‘You two, go with Franz.’ She had complete trust that Sarah (a fellow student) and I could manage the situation, and she also trusted Franz… and afterwards, WE trusted ourselves! Thank you.”
“The Tamera Animal Communication course was an engaging exploration of the relationship between humans and other beings. It delved deeply into the marvelous transformations achieved with various species of animals and insects on their land. Directly observing these examples, coupled with classroom discussions, offered an eye-opening experience for all course participants, even those already convinced that such communication is possible. For me, the course at Tamera transformed the way I interact with and relate to animals, birds, and insects in my everyday life. This shift has led to remarkable responses when requesting cooperation in situations that previously resulted in clashes. More importantly, it has brought about numerous joyful encounters and enhanced relationships.”
– Jennifer D