Reconnecting to ancient peace knowledge with our Stone Circle
Guided by our Stone Circle, you’ll learn about ancient pre-patriarchal peace cultures and attune to their wisdom and our place in the community of life.
In this 10 day retreat, we work with the stone circle of Tamera as a spiritual library to learn and access information. Stones are ancient storytellers and guided by them, we’ll study primordial wisdom and learn about how humanity inhabited this planet before the dawn of patriarchal cultures. And what wisdom we can learn from such pre-patriarchal cultures in moving towards regenerative and nonviolent ways of living together with each other and Earth.
Sabine Lichtenfels, Tamera’s co-founder, built a modern stone circle in Tamera, modeled after a 7000 year-old megalithic monument near Évora, as a communitarian work of art and ceremonial center and to connect attempts of building a peace culture for our time with this primordial memory. Its 96 stones stand for 96 archetypes of a universal peace community of our times. It signifies the complementary relationship of community instead of exclusion, cooperation instead of fight.
We’ll use the stone circle to study the different aspects of a peace community and to receive answers to our questions. You’re invited to leave old habits behind and get in touch with the living consciousness of the earth and listen to its voice, on a personal, spiritual and political level.
Who is the course for?
- Spiritual ecologists
- Spiritual seekers
- Activists with an interest in spirituality
- Peace workers
- Community researchers
- People living in communities that want to gain new skills and perspectives.
What you’ll learn
- Spiritual foundations for sustainable communities
- Connecting with the memory of pre-patriarchal cultures
- Building awareness of community with all beings
- Discovering inner peace and our vision for a future peaceful culture, by the combination of thinking and intuition
- How to raise our voice for peace through trust in life
We’ll also reflect on these questions:
- Is there a possibility to leave the culture of war and stand up for global peace?
- What does our erotic self have to do with the creation of a cultural impulse for peace?
- How can we come in contact with our higher self and attract the healing forces we need in order to contribute to individual and global healing?
- How do we get in touch with the earth, the water and all elements as living beings?
- How can we cooperate and communicate with all beings and co-create a sacred alliance of all beings?
- Co-creating ceremonial spaces that support us to step out of our normal selves and to liberate all life energies and creative forces that are within us.
- Lectures, Q&A sessions and common study times
- Spaces of art and music to connect with oneself and others
- Meditation exercises
- Body work
- Council of All Beings, inspired by Joana Macy — giving voice to the Earth
- Exercises to envision the future and listen to the voice of our ancestors
This is an emerging Healing Biotope where we work to reconnect and restore the wholeness of life. Courses are focused on topics, but all of our research exists in an interconnected web, so your learning will likely expand on other areas.
As a learner, you can join our morning offers, which can include things like Yoga and Qi Gong. You’ll also be able to join in whole community events, like our Sunday matinee, the Ring of Power and Political Cafes.
Research area: Spirituality, art and healing
Type of learning: Learn skills
Location: In Tamera
Sliding scale from €890 to €1450 (including seminar fee, board & accommodation).
You find the cost too high? Explore our Solidarity Fund.
Willing to support others? Consider contributing to the Solidarity Fund.
Once you have filled out the registration form, we will send you an email with instructions on how to pay.
Please note that in order to confirm your registration, you must pay a non-refundable registration fee of €150.
Shared dormitories/group tents, own tent, or own van.
Vegan full board.
Arrival and Departure
Please arrive the day before the program begins and depart the day after the program finishes.
We regret that children cannot be accommodated in this course.
We regret that pets cannot be accommodated in this course.
After course support
Participants can join the webinars and meditations of the Ring of Power
“The entire team truly embodies what you teach. You created a welcoming space for us and guided us on a sacred and healing journey. I was able to wrap myself in this supportive atmosphere and deeply engage. Immense thanks to you all!”
– Sabine Agnes Mehringer
“I’m impressed by the breadth and depth of the topics covered and the comprehensive approach of the seminar. You made an effort to include a wide range of aspects. The time we spent together in nature, at the oracle source and the stone circle, really resonated with me, strengthening our bond with nature and each other as a community.”
– Tanja Kaller, School of the Heart