Olive Harvest – Autumn in Community
Autumn is the time of the year where the silver-gray sheen of olive groves gives many landscapes their very special charm. It is a good time to be out in the land and harvest olives and fruit, which are nature’s gifts to us.
The olive tree has a long historical and cultural tradition as a symbol of wisdom and peace. With its robustness it stands for perseverance and resilience. The oldest olive trees in the world are about 5000 years old and have been cared for by tribes and villagers for generations.
This year, our olive trees are abundant and waiting to be harvested by human hands. We invite you to join this harvest time and to care for Mother Earth in community.
What we want to do
- In the morning you will be harvesting olives with our team in the olive grove.
- The afternoons will be dedicated to listening to each other, to exchange and strengthen our connections as a global community.
Topics we might explore while we are together include:
- How can we build functioning alternatives to current systems?
- How can we grow and maintain a current relationship with place and the more-than-human world?
- How can people lastingly live together in truth, trust and solidarity?
- How do we deal with love, partnership and sexuality?
- How can we heal the relationship between genders?
- How do we create global movements, with common goals, to work successfully for system change?
Note: Please come prepared for various weather conditions with fitting outdoor clothes. It might be warm and dry or cold and wet. In our climate, November is already the rainy season.
We are looking forward to this shared time with you.
Juliette Baigler, Marcus Dittrich & the Ecology team
On behalf of the Tamera Community
from €370 to €650
(including seminar fee, board & accommodation)
Please consider applying for or donating to our solidarity fund if you can’t pay the lower end of the sliding scale or want to support others.
Once you have filled out the registration form, we will send you an email with instructions on how to pay.
Please note that in order to confirm your registration, at a minimum, you must pay a non-refundable registration fee of €70.
Dormitories, own tent, or own van.
A space in a shared wooden hut or a room in the Guest House can be booked at an additional cost.
Vegan full board
Arrival and Departure
Please arrive the day before the course begins and depart the day after the course finishes.
Please note that it’s not possible to bring children to this course.
Please note that it’s not possible to bring pets to this course.